Spera
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

X
Cycle 3

Race Census M F
Human 2 1
Linzin 1 2
Elenor 1 2
Ul'Torin - -
Draconean 1 1
Ronoan - -
Avial - -
Jingai - 1
Total 5 7
Latest topics
» Fairy Tail Serenity Advert
The Others [lb] EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 7:59 pm by Guest

» Sao's AD
The Others [lb] EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 5:39 am by Guest

» Naruto Mirage
The Others [lb] EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 10:11 am by Guest

» Stories of Tonan
The Others [lb] EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 7:09 pm by Guest

» Affiliation Offer
The Others [lb] EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 12:28 pm by Guest

» HEAD SHOT, a superhuman-zombie roleplay
The Others [lb] EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 1:09 pm by Guest

» Illusions of Grandeur[IF]Magic, Supernatural, and+
The Others [lb] EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 12:35 am by Guest

» Blood & Shadow
The Others [lb] EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 10:39 am by Guest

» Whirlpool Weyr: A DRoP AU (IF)
The Others [lb] EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 1:31 pm by Guest

The Others [lb]

Go down

The Others [lb] Empty The Others [lb]

Post by TO Admin Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:20 pm

The Others [lb] NewTO_adbanner-1

Warning! Read further at your own risk! I am not responsible if you have strange people knocking at your door tomorrow.

If you do continue on, be aware that Watch officials have been monitoring this site and tracking down those foolish enough to browse from a home connection. They don't like our history to be out on the web, and they keep track of anyone who knows about us. I recommend a series of proxy connections, or a public wifi would be even better.

---

Still with me, eh? You're either brave, or foolhardy. Whichever the case, welcome to the world of the Others.

Others. It's such an innocuous word, could mean so many different things. Vampires, wereanimals, shapeshifters, and gifted people... we all exist, and we fall under the umbrella term Others. We're the things that go bump in the night; the things you see out of the corner of your eye. The world just isn't ready to know we exist; most people deny the obvious when they see it.

Our powers and abilities come from the Twilight, a shadowy dimension that Others can enter. Have to enter, actually. We're born with Other potential, but only after we first enter the Twilight do our abilities unlock. If you don't have the gene that makes you a potential Other, you're out of luck I'm afraid. There's no known way to become Other if you don't have the gene.

What's a Watch though, you might be wondering? The Watches run our society. All Others are required to register with one, even if it's just a name on a list and no other involvement.

There's the Night Watch, which professes to be the good guys. Protecting the innocent, not using powers for wrongdoing, that sort of thing. Mostly they are the good guys, but don't let it fool you - they can be ruthless when need arises.

On the other hand is the Day Watch, which is the antithesis of all the Night Watch stands for. They think that Others should be free to use their abilities however they want, and if that means killing, cheating, or stealing then so be it. Many in the active ranks also have the notion that humans are lesser beings and are involved in all sorts of unsavory businesses. Black market dealings, drug cartels, you name it and they've probably got fingers in it.

As you can imagine, neither Watch gets along with the other. There's been an unofficial war brewing on the North American continent for the past decade, and things are steadily getting worse. Some of the smaller Watches out in the country don't seem to be too affected, but you can be sure that every major city in the US is currently a quiet battleground. I've seen it first-hand, been in my fair share of fights. Trust me when I say there's a lot that goes down between agents that ends up in the media one way or another.

---

What do you say? Think you're ready to step into our world?

TO Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum