Spera
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

X
Cycle 3

Race Census M F
Human 2 1
Linzin 1 2
Elenor 1 2
Ul'Torin - -
Draconean 1 1
Ronoan - -
Avial - -
Jingai - 1
Total 5 7
Latest topics
» Fairy Tail Serenity Advert
Aging? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 7:59 pm by Guest

» Sao's AD
Aging? EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 5:39 am by Guest

» Naruto Mirage
Aging? EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 10:11 am by Guest

» Stories of Tonan
Aging? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 7:09 pm by Guest

» Affiliation Offer
Aging? EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 12:28 pm by Guest

» HEAD SHOT, a superhuman-zombie roleplay
Aging? EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 1:09 pm by Guest

» Illusions of Grandeur[IF]Magic, Supernatural, and+
Aging? EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 12:35 am by Guest

» Blood & Shadow
Aging? EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 10:39 am by Guest

» Whirlpool Weyr: A DRoP AU (IF)
Aging? EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 1:31 pm by Guest

Aging?

2 posters

Go down

Aging? Empty Aging?

Post by Elaninde Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:35 pm

Was having a discussion with Rien last night concerning how characters here age. Since the 'years' are half as long as Earth years, and humans have double their life span in the race menus, does that mean that a character who is 20 Spera years old is actually 10 Earth years old? In which case would mean a character would need to be 36 Spera years old in order to be considered a human adult? Though looking at the other characters on the board, it seems like this little detail, although seeming obvious to me, wasn't made clear enough.

If it is intentional that ages need to be doubled in this manner, it should probably mention it in the time post. If that isn't the case, then how are humans living so long?
Elaninde
Elaninde
Beginner

Warning Level :
Aging? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Aging? Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Aging? Empty Re: Aging?

Post by Demi Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:46 pm

Elaninde wrote:If it is intentional that ages need to be doubled in this manner, it should probably mention it in the time post. If that isn't the case, then how are humans living so long?

In a world of magic, that has undergone research for more than nearly 500,000 years, humans would be capable of having increased lifespans due to better conditions and the mainstream world having access to different types of magic. Also considering the fact that this isn't "Earth", and that he humans here are different.

In accordance to legal ages, no; that would not be the case. The legal ages are kept as is, due to the fact that all that has happened was that Speran lifespans have been increased due to better properties of magic. Know that it is still quite easy to die in Spera, due to the fact that the creatures are just as powerful as any other person - if not moreso. "Earth years" have no meaning here, as this isn't Earth as previously stated. Therefore, the legal age is considered 16 for all residents.

The cycles are so because of large lifespans. I don't think there is a need for the inputting of age mechanics onto the time post, as it would serve no real purpose. Many may be inquisitive as to why humans live so long, but I can't really see it being a problem - and that is why I would explain things in posts; if they were to ever be a problem.

I'm glad that you have caught on to that, though. Does this answer your question?
Demi
Demi
Head of Spera

Warning Level :

https://sperarpg.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Elaninde Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:49 pm

I think so. I think that's sort of the conclusion we came to while talking last night, but I thought I would ask first. ^^
Elaninde
Elaninde
Beginner

Warning Level :

Back to top Go down

Post by Demi Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:52 pm

It's fine ^^ I'm glad you asked the question. It's nice to see that you're taking an interest in our site. PM me for any more information, or feel free to ask another question!

Welcome to Spera, hope you have a great time in our little world!
Demi
Demi
Head of Spera

Warning Level :

https://sperarpg.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: